Networking issue

bobs98004

I'm new to NAvNet 2 having bought and installed a used RDP149 (10" screen) and RPD 148 (7" screen). I have a networking issue which I think is probably caused by new user error. I have the GPS antenna and radar into the 149 on the bridge and it works perfectly. Using the blue networking cable between the 2 "network" ports I have the 148 at the lower helm. I think I should be able to see and run both the radar and plotter on the 148 using its controls. I have the right IP address for the upper helm station. I know they are talking because the lower station shows the correct GPS position which I assume it is getting through the network. (or is there an internal GPS receiver in the units?) My issue is that whether I use radar or the plotter I get no picture or error message at the lower station 148. (like the **.** if you have the wrong IP address). Is there something simple to fix this? Thanks in advance.

The RDP148 should have the correct "Radar Source" set to the address name of the RDP149 which holds the radar. What is the radar source setup for on the RDP149 and the RDP148? They both should be the same. (The name/address of the RDP149 with the radar physically connected)

bobs98004":2ghtjs6p said:
My issue is that whether I use radar or the plotter I get no picture or error message at the lower station 148. (like the **.** if you have the wrong IP address). Is there something simple to fix this? Thanks in advance.

To Johnny's point, I would run through the installation wizard again and reconfigure the Network Settings appropriate to your boat. Here's the example from the manual I modified to fit this scenario:

FireShot Capture 536 -  - furunousa.com.png

Just make sure the proper Device Number is listed in the radar source to the device for which there is a radar connected.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Ref.: P3-2 https://furunousa.com/-/media/sites/fur ... nual_k.pdf

Fantastic!

Yup, it's not very intuitive.

That said, for an early 2000s plotter being able to network multiple plotters together to it like it is was pretty innovative for it's time.

- Maggy

I have a 1973 restored 42' Uniflite I've owned for 25 years. I do use radar often and I had a Raytheon unit from the 80's that worked just fine. It finally died. This is a huge step up with a radar /plotter at both helms so I've upped my game by 20 years. I think the new touch screens are nice but I have one on my phone and tablet for $9/year. Crazy Thanks for your help.

Back