Network TZT 2 and TZT

2 issues to discuss:

My TZT 2 screens in helm will not network to my TZT in tower. ex. Waypoints I enter in at the helm screens does not show up in the tower. I've been told for months there's is a programming issue that is trying to get resolved. Any info on status of this fix?

Secondly I have my HDMI out going to my TV to display chartplotter content on my TV. This is not working as well. Is this due to a software issue or should this work?

The TZT2 and the TZT are two complete different systems and two completely different operating systems. Although they can work together within limits on the same network, ultimately you are better off staying with one or the other.

For example, the NN3D and the TZT units can be on the same network and share items but to this day they do not keep the same points. If you want have the same points on both systems you have to move it with an SD card. (Note NN3D and TZT have completely different limits on points and points per route)

In the case of the TZT2 and TZT they are a bit closer related and there might be a chance later that the points will be synchronized as software develops but time will tell. They will share the radar, GPS, sounder and many other things but ultimately they are not the same system and there will be differences. We are roughly 6 months into the TZT2 product and many software advancements like Active Captain coming. I know Japan has closer integration planned. Exactly how close they pull the two systems together will depend on many factors. Again for those reading and considering, I recommend you don't mix systems unless you have a good reason for doing so and expect that there will be some limitations.

The only reason we have mixed systems is due to our dealer. We have 2 12 inch TZT 2 screens in helm and in tower we could only go with a 9-10, so they recommended the TZT 9 inch up there.

Any plans to make a smaller TZT2 that could solve all of this?

There has been talk about a black box version (where you attached your own screen) but I believe the TZTL12F will be the smallest complete MFD in the TZT2 series.

I did get verification that full waypoint and route synchronization is planned between the TZT2/TZT mix system. It requires software changes with the TZT and should happen in the next release.

Thank you for all this information. I really wish our dealer would have known this before he sold me this system. I like to load all my fishing waypoints before my trip in the helm and then I spend the day in the tower, however, none of the waypoints show up in the tower.

When you say next release what time frame do you think? An order of 2 months, 6 months, a year?

They are testing the beta of the next TZT release so it shouldn't be long. They never set firm dates because they never know if something has to go back for changes. When it releases, we will post a notice under the Furuno news topic area as we always do.

Back