NavPilot

I am looking to replace a Robertson AP1000 autopilot with a new Navpilot and need to know what one to buy. I have a GP1971, GP39, PG700 and a Actisense NMEA2000 network now on a 1989 34 Tollycraft Sport Sedan. I have been looking at the 300 and the 700, like the 300, but will it work with twin inboard 454.

I would say that either of them will work with your boat. The 300 has the wireless remote option, whereas the 711C does not. I think the display on the 711C looks better with the knob personally. It really comes down to what features you like. I ended up going with the 711C with a second station downstairs on my sportfish as I doubt that I would ever use the remote anyhow. I am currently still in the process of upgrading all of my electronics and will be posting a build thread in the photos section once I finish(or at least get closer to finished) the install.

I like the 711C. Mounted the control head close to the helm seat so I can easily fine tune/steer the boat with the knob when in auto mode which I use a very high percentage of the time. Would highly recommend the SCX20 as the primary compass. I had a 1989 34 Tolly Sport Sedan a couple of boats ago. Great boat.

The 300 is designed for smaller boats and only supports smaller pumps. If you can use the 300 will depend on the pump that is needed for your steering system.

Back