NavPilot 711C

Nube

Good morning,

Which NP711c would I need. It looks like there are numerous variations on the 711c.

The boat I have has an existing pump which I will re use. I have a TZT9F, TimeZero Pro, Scx 21, and a FAP 6112 already installed.

I’d like to avoid buying a package with things that I don’t need. It would seem that I just need a processor and a control unit.

Would it make the most sense to just order a FAP 7011CA and a FAP7002.

Thank you,

Brandon

Last edited:
You will also need a rudder reference unit FAP6112 (I assume you have an inboard boat). It is important to check that your existing pump is actually fully compatible. Otherwise, I think you are right that all you need is a processor and 711C display (not the second station version). Another thing to consider is a Safe Helm 2 module. That allows you to temporarily steer with the wheel without going to standby in order to dodge lobster pots or other obstacles. The autopilot will retake control once you stop moving the wheel.

Also note that your TZT9 should also be able to control the autopilot if connected via NMEA 2000.

@Quitsa Does the SafeHelm unit require a valve and is it compatible with a vintage autopilot pump?
If hey ever make them available again, it is spliced into one of the hydraulic lines. There is no valve and should work with any pump. It's just a sensor that detects the flow when you turn the wheel and pump fluid.

Back