NAVpilot-711c

I am installing a 711C on the flybridge and would like to install a slave unit in the lower helm. Do I just order a FAP7011C and install it in the control B slot?

There are two different ways to add a second display to the NAVpilot 711C system. The first way is to connect a second display directly to the first one. To do this, purchase part number FAP7011C-A (this part number includes the FAP7011C display and a double-ended cable). The terminator from the first display would be removed and reinstalled on the second display and the cable would connect between the two displays. This is called daisy chaining. The second way is to connect the second display directly from the processor Control B port to the 2nd display and install a terminator. If this is preferable, then the FAP7011C part number should be purchased (this part number includes the FAP7011C display, a single-ended cable and a terminator). Either will work fine, it's just a matter of which connection is preferred.
Bottom line:
FAP7011C-A: Connects both displays together by daisy chaining. Part number includes display and double-ended cable
FAP7011C: Connects second display to processor's Control B port to second display. Part number includes display, single-ended cable and terminator.

I have my 711c system installed with a new pump i got with the system, do i need to add air pressure to the system after everything is installed? Seems like it had a small amount of pressure in the system.

Also I have a PG700 and a SC20, does the 711c need to see the PG700 to work, or can it use the SC20? My PG 700 is not hooked up.

You would need to check with your steering manufacturer about what is needed. I do know some have a pressure tank but that isn't Furuno product so really can't guide you there. The 711C needs heading. The SCX20 is the best source. When the pilot setup is done, the heading source should be chosen and I would recommend using the SCX20 and not the PG700 as the primary source. I am not sure I would even connect up the PG700 having the SCX20 but that is up to you. Both can be on the system but location is very important on the PG700 and you want the heading to match very closely. If the PG700 get pulled it will just confuse things.

I agree with this assessment. I had both connected for a while but the PG700 would connect at times even though the SCX20 was listed as primary. This may have been due to losing the startup race. I ended up disconnecting the PG700 and everything works much better now. The PG700 is not required for the 711C.

I installed the SCX20 on another boat, so I am stuck with the PG700. Installed the 711C, but having a hard time programing the PG700, while trying to complete the programing she was blowing 30 and seas where rough. Does the weather matter while doing the programing?

Yes, the instructions call for calm conditions. I still don't think you should have blown a fuse though. Which fuse, the one on the course computer?

Back