NavPilot 300 with precision-9 fluxgate compass

hipath

Hi, I am interested in retrofitting a Furuno NavPilot 300 kit to an older Simrad AP installation.

The NavPilot 300 kit as far I can tell has the FAP3012 processor unit, the FAP-3011 controller unit, and the GC-001 gesture control unit. I already have in place a NMEA 2000 backbone and a Simrad Precission-9 NMEA 2000 electronic fluxgate from the older installation. Also a suitable hydraulics pump is available and already fitted.

My question is if NavPilot 300 can use the Simrad Precission-9 as a heading source, or if I have to buy the Furuno PG700 dedicated source? Also can I perform the necessary commissioning steps, and control the NavPilot from the supplied FAP-3011 control unit, or do I also need a seperate Furuno MFD?

Regards,

Geoerge

The Navpilot 300 can be controlled via the control head or gesture control. You do not need an MFD.
If your Simrad compass is on the NMEA backbone you will not need the PG700.

Most likely your pump will also be usable. But just to be sure can you get us a model number as well as a bit of boat information? Type of steering, inboard or outboard? If the original installation was miss-spec'd on pump size then you might need to change it.
Did the Simrad steer OK?

Hi, thank you for reply,

the boat is a Grady 208 with 225HP outboard. The installed hydraulic pump is Simrad PUMP-1 and the autopilot works fine, satisfied with performance and no problems with steering. I am interested in the retrofit for the Sabiki mode available on the Furuno autopilots, a feature not available on my current installation and which I greatly desire.

Hipath-
I would say you are good to go with the Navpilot 300. :jump
Let us know how it works out.

Back