Navpilot 300 with new yamaha autopilot

Thirio

good evening everyone I would like your help
I have a boat regulator 32 fs with furuno tz3 19", and autopilot furuno navpilot 300 and I just received the new Yamaha 300 with the complete helm master ex system which include yamaha joystick with yamaha autopilot, can somehow make the navpilot 300 work with the yamaha pilot or does one cancel the other?

The Yamaha Helm Master Ex products are a fully integrated proprietary boat control system by Yamaha, and it appears that you have level 3.

Unfortunately Furuno's Navpilot 300 is not officially compatible with these new proprietary Helm Master Ex products.

Hope this clarifies, :sail

- Maggy

Ask your Yamaha dealer, but that is for the Yamaha Helm Master Interface, an older and completely different system than Yamaha Helm Master EX.

Hope this clarifies, :sail

- Maggy

edit: before getting too far down the road, this topic has been discussed at length in this thread.

Yes, the TZT3 units will work with the Yamaha pilot well. This has been done many times by others and the TZT16/TZT19 are fully EX compatible certified. Magnetron is correct that pilot wise only the Yamaha pilot will work on EX system unfortunately.

For engine data to show on the TZT3, you would want a Yamaha engine gateway to provide NMEA 2000 data to the NMEA 2000 bus. If you are running the pilot, no gateway is needed for that part of it.

To have the full blessing; yes but really the HDMI is not going to give you anything that you don't already have on the custom Yamaha screen in the TZT3 already. Until Yamaha starts adding items that go on that HDMI, it really isn't so important.

Back