NAVpilot 300 - Speed Control On

Bilntime

I’m not an electronics expert and did not do the installation on my boat.

NavPilot 300, TZT3, SCX20

At the dock, the NavPilot display shows heading, but also SETSPD, which shows blank spaces.

As far as I can tell from a Google search, SETSPD is associated with Fishhunter Drive for Suzuki. I have Mercs on my boat with the Mercury Gateway.

I cannot figure out how to remove this SETSPD from the display. I have also noticed that the Speed Control option is ON, and have tried to turn it OFF with no success. A long push of the STBY button to edit the option does nothing.

I believe my SOG data to the NP300 comes from the TZT3, and SETSPD will likely be populated when the boat is moving. However, do I even need this SETSPD data to be displayed or Speed Control to be ON? If not, please advise how to remove SETSPD on the display and turn Speed Control OFF.

Thanks!

It sounds like you are talking about your optional boxes. Normally holding STBY will let you change the config of what these boxes show.

When I go to the Turns menu and move the cursor to the Speed Control icon, it says “Speed Control On” - the double arrow left key does not say “Setup” next to it, and pressing that button does nothing. If I press and hold the STBY button, it also does nothing. A short press of the STBY button makes the display go back to the home screen. Cannot figure out how else to turn Speed Control off. Is there some other mode of the AP that automatically toggles Speed Control on, and getting out of that AP mode will turn Speed Control off?

SeaStar PA6020 combo power steering / AP pump to dual SeaStar hydraulic rams mounted on twin 225 Merc 4S

I also have a Merc VesselView Link 703 for interfacing with the Furuno network. In reading through the VV703 manual, there is a section that indicates that an “Autopilot Enabled” box in the setup checklist must be checked/activated if a non-Merc AP is being used. I am not at the boat to be able to check whether this setup item was activated on the VV703, but could this be one reason for my issue with the Furuno AP?

About the only thing that would cause the set speed to show up would be that someone improperly set it to be (Suzuki) FishHunder Drive. You should check that the fishhunter drive (which you don't have) is turned OFF.

1723059305518.png

The only place in the manual that “Ship’s Characteristics” is explained is under the initial settings or initialization procedure.

How does one get to that page again? Do I need to reset the AP to factory defaults and then re-do initialization?

I cannot find anything on the current menu tree that will let me see much less adjust the FishHunter Drive setting.

Back