Navpilot 300 - PG700 calibration Issue

mikearm

Hi guys
Have a newly installed Navpilot 300 with the PG700.
I am trying to do the compass calibration (from Sea Trail menu) as receive constant warning : compass not calibrated.
Each time I try the manual calibration (auto not available...I presume as using fantum feedback ..(Have 2 250 mercury verados )
I start the turning (port or starboard the same) and the calibration always stops at 50% and eventual gives up and says : start again
Any suggestions welcome
Many thanks in advance.
Mike

First you want to make sure your circles are fully completed in under 2 mins. The ideal circle during calibration is 1.5 mins. It does not matter if you got port or starboard circles. Don't try doing them too fast and don't go to slow. Normally it will take about three to four circles to calibrate a compass. If it doesn't want to calibrate then the location most likely isn't suitable. I needs to sense magnetic north all 360 degrees. If your motorized fishing reel, metal object, toilet upflush motor, speaker or something else to too close then it won't work. Fluxgates work very good on non-metal boats but placement is important. You might need to find a better placement location if it still fails to calibrate.

Many thanks for the reply Johnny...It seems they installed the unit on top (separated by a piece of MDF board) of the 2 large hse batteries!
I shall resite it and try again.
Thanks Again.

Back