Navpilot 300 heading/position source changes

Havanajoe

I just installed a Navpilot 300 with my 2 tztouch2’s ,pg700 Called Furuno today because the heading and position sources are blinking and constantly changing causing alarms and I’m unable to finish the install part.
I have all setting complete as per the installation set up. Furuno thinks it’s a NMEA 2000 problem but everything was working fine for a year until now I only added the pilot to the network I have checked to make sure the network has terminators etc.
any help is appreciated..

Edit the source changes from my Vesper AIS to a tztouch2 then back and forth

I seem to remember another customer found an issue with Vesper. You might try taking it off your system to see if everything settles down without it. I would recommend shutting off your NMEA 2000 bus and ohming it out for proper values along with running a Maretron NMEA 2000 meter on the 2000 bus with everything running (except the vesper). I agree it sounds like something with the NMEA 2000.

Johnny I did the software upgrade today and all seemed fine so I shut everything down and restarted the dreaded position source changed alert popped up again I removed the Vesper from the nmea 2000 and it went away so now I think the Vesper is corrupt. I’ll check as you suggested and thanks

Back