navnet3d routes

jimalmond

i have setup a route to follow out of our inlet in north carolina. when i activate the route and set the auto pilot to follow it will engage and proceed to the first leg of the route. once it gets to the 2nd or 3rd point it will start to head straight and will never recover. the route through this inlet is a curve with several pts close together and once it gets through the curve it is a straight shot. if i start it after the curve it will follow correctly. i am using the garmin auto pilot ghp10 with the navnet3d unit. i have tried it at different speeds and it always goes off after the 2 or 3rd point in the route. i have several routes setup and they all to seem to work find with the exception of this one which does a have a curve in the route

jim

When you have a route with points close together you must be very aware of how big you set your waypoint switching radius. (under MENU - ROUTES - GENERAL) When it is too large, you are arriving at more than just one waypoint, due to overlapping.

johnny,

was able to play around with the routes this weekend. i tried to lower the number for the waypoint switching which was set for 30 yards all the way down to 5 feet and it still would go to the 2 or 3rd point and then it would not switch. the boat once past that last point would turn and go back. any suggestions. the way point switching is set to circle and cross line.

jim

Before researching your issue, can you verify you are running the most up to date software on your NavNet 3D? (Version 2.07)

johnny,

yes i am running the current software. ran the boat again last weekend and it just seems to not switch at certain pts. then it will try to turn around and go back to last point it went pass.

jim

Please make a backup of the points and routes and attach them to a support case (http://www.FurunoUSA.com - SUPPORT - Ask Furuno a Question). Please provide the route name that is having the problem so that we can try to duplicate your problem.

Back