Navnet Model 1935 with Display RDP-149

felipe.asnts

Dears,

I have a RDP-149 that can't go to transmit mode. It seems to be stucked in standby.
Also I don't have GPS information on it. GPS signal comes from a furuno GP-37 and it is connected to Port 4, pins #3 and #4. According to manual it is a NMEA input.
I read the sentences with a nmea reader and I got the GGA, VTG, GLL, ZDA, RMC and RMB.

Can someone help me out? ;)

If you are getting GPS into data 4 showing up on the port monitor, then it sounds like your GPS source setting is incorrect. (Menu - System Config - Nav Option - Nav Source Settings) Ensure your position source is set to ALL.

Taking the radar to transmit is a two step process (power button quickly and then "Radar STBY" soft key. What happens when you attempt to take it to transmit? Do you get any beeps, screen changes or errors?

Hi Johnny,

GPS is connected into data 4 port but the sentences are not being shown on the port monitor.
GPS source setting is already set to All.

When I tried to put the radar to transmit, it just kept the standby mode. No beep, no error nor screen changes.

If you have no data showing on the port monitor of data 4 then it sounds like you have a wiring problem between the GP37 and the NN data 4. How do you have it wired?

If the display stays in stby, despite telling it to go to transmit is very odd. When you hit the power button one time quickly, does the softkeys change? Do you see the Radar Sby softkey?

Back