NavNet DJ1 connector cable can't fit thru opening

lccomo

I have a NavNet which has a DJ1 rectangular cable - it doesn't fit thru the opening where the cable runs. Are you able to disconnect the round cable which goes in to the rectangular plug? That would allow me to reposition the NavNet display.

Attachments

• DJ1.jpg
    DJ1.jpg
    1,023.5 KB · Views: 196
Yes but not recommended for a novice without proper tools. It would be better to remove the molex connections at the other end to run the cable and then put them back on, rather than deal with this cable end.

OK - will need to trace the wires back, hopefully I can find a connection without having to pull interior panels. I do have a fairly complete set of tools however... do you have a schematic showing the wiring?

Page S-1 (interconnection diagram) in the back of the install manual will show the wiring pin for pin and color code.

Can I just cut the cable - its a coiled up mess under the dash and reinstall using a quick connect plug? Don't see the need for all the cabling. Would help me clean up the wiring greatly.

Just ensure all is powered down when cutting the cable and then, sure you can cut out excess but it is important for timing that you do not go any shorter than 5 meters. If you go shorter than 5 meters you will having a radar timing problem you can't fix.

It will easily exceed 5 meters in length - thanks for the input, will help me clean up the mess of wiring under the dash.

Back