Navnet 3D MFD12 NMEA data

NZFisher

Hi Guys, i have a Navnet 3D MFD12 with a DRS4D radar and DFF1, i have just fitted a new Honda 250 with the new HD4 display, i have connected to the NMEA 2000 on the Furuno to the Honda NMEA backbone to get the gps data for speed on the Honda gauge but still cant get a SOG speed on the Honda gauge, do i need to have a separate GPS receiver directly into the backbone for this to work.
Also i have never been able to acquire a target with my radar, do i need to be hooked into my autopilot system for this to work.
Any pointers would be much appreciated

Cheers and happy new years for tomorrow.

Because the GPS is coming by 0183, you will need to turn on the PGNs for Position and Speed to the NMEA 2000 bus from your MFD12. You will need to enter the setup wizard of the MFD12 for which is connected to the 2000 bus and turn on the PGNs. Remember only one NN3D MFD per NMEA 2000 bus, so there should only be one MFD on the 2000 bus and that is the unit which you need to turn on the PGNs inside the wizard setup. Once on, Speed and Position will got over the 2000 bus for the engines/gages.

Back