NavNet 3D boot error

erikj725

This is a new problem for me. Powering up the master NavNet3D MFD pops up an error message dialog saying something like:
Furunu.BlackBox.MCL.exe
Error
ExceptionCode: 0x0000005
ExceptionAddress: 0x01899978
Reading: 0x00000000​
Hitting the Quit button just reboots the unit and keeps producing the same error. The secondary slave NavNet3D seems to kind of continue to work, although it keeps getting alerts about missing position and heading.

Powering off everything and restarting doesn't fix it.

Any suggestions where to start?
Thanks!
-Erik

I would check to ensure nothing is in the USB port. What size unit is this master MFD? BB or 12/8?
I might have a wireless USB dongle plugged in to the USB port. I'll check.
The master is the MFD8; the slave is the MDF12. System has been working great for years now without any recent changes.

Hopefully you remove that dongle and it works. If not the next step would be to reprogram the MFD8 software. (ensure the software of all the units are at the same level when you do)

Hopefully you remove that dongle and it works. If not the next step would be to reprogram the MFD8 software. (ensure the software of all the units are at the same level when you do)
I removed the mouse USB dongle that's been plugged in for years and booted into the Installation Wizard. It turns out the master somehow lost all of it's settings -- including the setting that made it the master. All of my data port in/outs also got wiped out.

Once I got it programmed back to the way I had it setup before, everything worked perfectly.

I'm not sure what caused this glitch to happen, but I'm glad it's all working again! Now to write down the configuration so I don't have to try to figure it all out again...

Thanks Johnny!