Navnet 3D 12" MFD image quality with DFF1-UHD

S

sean_M22

Currently have 2 Navnet 3D MFD 12's with a DFF1 sounder box and a B260 airmar transducer. I am on the fence of upgrading to a DFF1-UHD and a B275-LHW with my current 3D MFD's. I am worried about the screen resolution/quality and if this 3K upgrade is worth it with the #D MFD's. Should I upgrade to the TZT/TZT2 for the chirp box to get the best image quality or will my current Navnet 3d's show the same detail/image. Will the DFF1-UHD and B275-lhw really be that much better of a set up then my current dff1 and b260 not considering the beam with of the LHW at High. thanks in advance for anyone's help.

sean_M22,
Thank you for you inquiry. The debate about the quality of CHIRP vs. traditional tone pulse 50/200khz sounders is the eye of the beholder and particularly the type of fishery that your involved in. Those fisherman primarily looking for targets suspended in the water column many times need a different setup then those who are primarily bottom fishing and looking for super detailed bottom structure/composition. One size does not fit all.
However that being said there are certainties in regards to the specifications of the different MFD12/TZT & TZT2 screen resolutions that impact the "quality" of the sounder image being displayed.
The MFD12 screen is SVGA (800x600) and has a brightness rating of 1100cd.
The TZT14 screen is WXGA (1280x800) and has a brightness rating of 900cd.
The TZTL12F screen is WXGA (1280x800) and has a brightness rating of 1300cd.
With an increase in the resolution there is a better ability to display a crisper target picture.
Finally, there is the topic of our RezBoost technology where we can sharpen the resolution of the targets through our enhanced processing while still giving you the ability to utilize your current 526TID-HDD (B260) transducer. This RezBoost technology is incorporated into the internal 600 or 1000kw echo sounder that is included in the TZtouch2 product line (as well as some of our other stand-alone sounders).

Back