Navnat TZ3 nema2000

Blue kai

I curranty have garmin chart plotter and radar that has a nema 2000 net work for AIS mercury engine data and vhf radio.
if I switch to the navnet TZ 3 and nxt radar will the mfd show the engine display if I connect it to the nema 2000

Blue Kai,

The TZT3 does have the ability to connect to and display engine data from your Mercury engine system via NMEA2000. Depending on what the output is from the Mercury system, you may need a gateway for that.

I have a mercury gate way connected to the nema 2ooo and it works on my Garmin so was wondering if it would work with Furuno or if I would need to change it also.

Blue kai":3ibk9eh0 said:
I have a mercury gate way connected to the nema 2ooo and it works on my Garmin so was wondering if it would work with Furuno or if I would need to change it also.

The TZT3 is very customizable, the more time you spend with the gauge editing tools the better experience it'll be. :cool

To get started, I'd grab your operator's manual and review the steps covered in sec. 12.3 How to Edit the Instrument Displays as well as sec. 12.4 (Customizing) the Instrument Theme to match your console.

Ref.: https://furunousa.com/-/media/sites/fur ... manual.pdf

Hope that helps, :sail

- Maggy

A point to consider is engine data is something that's best kept visible all the time.

Being able to scan the gauges looking for outyling changes is key to catching problems before they get worse. Old-school analog needle style gauges on digital screens are great for this. You don't care that the reading is one number vs others, you only care that the needle is not where it's supposed to be when you're scanning the readings.|

The upside is the TZT3 are fast enough to pop back/forth between charts and other pages, whereas older series were way to slow to make it worthwhile. But I'd still want live temp, pressure and RPMs values in front of me at all times.

A second TZT3 would be great for this, but possibly overkill!

Back