Nannette 300 not communicating

lucerunner

I have a Nannette 300 connected to twin outboards. On Saturday while trolling took engine out of gear but forgot to hit stand by so it was hard over and would not go to stand by so I shut the unit off. Now it will not get a heading says not communicating with processor.
I then turned all the batteries off hoping it would reset but this has not worked. I also checked the nematode tees they were tight. Any thing else I should check

Check that the pilot processor is powered off the same switch as the 2000 bus so that the processor and display both get power at the same time.

Assuming we are talking about the NAVpilot 300..
I agree but if the error is still happening it could be something with the 2000 bus. You might want to check the connections and maybe put a NMEA 2000 meter on it.

I honestly don't know how my processor is powered as it's a jumble of wires. The NAVCpilot 300 drives into a Volvo steering system. Without me tearing into the wire bundle and tracking power sources what I do is power everything on first. Volvo system & TZT 3's first. The last thing powered on is the Pilot. It never seems to not connect if I do this.

Back