my bottom type went away on TZ2?

garycwbf

When i try to turn on the Bottom type (sand, rock, etc) that use to show at the bottom of my screen, the bottom of the screen flashes in the area and then displays nothing? The bottom doesn't appear like it use to.

will attach old pic and latest pic.

is this a transducer gone bad or the dFF-1 UHD not working correctly? Is there a way to troubleshoot?

attaching pics of now with no bottom and before?
garylatest pic.JPG

Attachments

• what i use to see.JPG
    what i use to see.JPG
    346.5 KB · Views: 309
Are you using either a B265LH, PM265LH or something else?
Should work from ~30 to ~360 feet so your range is good.
Manual or auto gain?
Everything else set to default or have you adjusted settings?
The transducer can be tested by a dealer with a TDT1000 to ensure it is within specification. You bottom looks good so I don't think that is the problem.

Here are the transducers that were installed. I will double check all the settings to default. The good pic of bottom was what use to display.
this is the pic now? No bottom

Attachments

• latest pic.JPG
    latest pic.JPG
    445.3 KB · Views: 304
i just pulled the paperwork on the purchase and install and it says My paperwork says they installed a
B175C20-HW 150kHz to 250kHz 20 degree 1KW and a
B175C-20-L 40 kHZ to 60kHz, 20 Degree ,1KW,

when i looked at the transducer set-up on the touch2 it listed 4 different transducers and not the ones i purchased?
1kw:B265LH (THIS ONE WAS CHECKED)
1KW:CM265LH
1kw:B275LHW
1KW:CM275LHW

The DFF1UHD only officially supports the four transducers that are offered as selections.

Bottom Discrimination is only officially supported with the 265 variants. This is because of the way the data is processed. It analyzes the return while it is in both beams. This cannot properly happen with independent transducers so it was fortunate that it ever worked in the first place.

As for the breaks in the bottom, it almost looks like turbulence. Have you added anything ahead of the transducers? The weakness stems from being a wide beam while setup for a narrow beam. Switch the setting the B275LHW and see if you get an improvement.

That one photo looks like turbulence the way it cuts entirely through the signal. This happens when you turn on BD? It works well when BD is turned off? I would say not to run BD. The sounder doesn't support that function with the transducer set you have so really shouldn't be trying to use BD, Accufish, or Enhanced RB. While it won't damage anything, if it causes problems, you shouldn't use those selections with that transducer set.

garycwbf,

With the Bottom Discrimination, Accufish, and the RezBoost features all turned OFF, can you select Low Frequency only and while slowly increasing the vessel's speed to see if the turbulence also increases..? :think

- Deep Blue

So the top pic showing a great rocky bottom and clear pic was how it use to always display for the last 3 years. I have added nothing new to the boat to create TURBULENCE. The boat is actually anchored and on same settings as top picture, however it appears as though sounder is creating the turbulence appearance and lack of bottom.

I think since i use to see such a great picture, the transducers must have been correct for the last three years and supported?

Fishtec i will double check the selected transducer and swith to your selection if not already selected and post pic.

Johnny, the 2nd picture is with bottom off, it still appears turbulent.

Deep blue, i will try that.

thanks guys1

Gary

The last time you were posting on here you were having issues with your DFF1-UHD, and I provided some information to get you up and running using the TZT2 internal sounders.

I was wondering what happened since then? Did you do that and then get your DFF1-UHD up and running again after sending it off for service?

Did you end up having to do a transducer replacement?

Back