MFD12 Navnet3D data listening

TeeBo

Hi all,

My navnet3D MDF12 doesn’t get the navdata that TimeZero navigator (v 4.2) is outputting on the ethernet network (presumably on UDP 10021). The furuno hub is fine and the MFD12 can see the FA50, the radar and the PC that runs TZ.
Does the MFD12 need to be configured in a special way (master/slave?) to pickup the data?
Is there a minimum navnet3D software version that’s required?
What UDP AND TCP data ports is the MFD12 listening to?

Thanks for your input,

Best,

Furuno's understanding is that you may be able to pass limited route information between the PC and NavNet 3D with V.4.2. Our recommendation would be to contact support at Nobeltec Timezero for further clarification. :cool

Ref.: https://mytimezero.com/modules-compatibility

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

TeeBo":uz0949m0 said:
Hi all,

My navnet3D MDF12 doesn’t get the navdata that TimeZero navigator (v 4.2) is outputting on the ethernet network (presumably on UDP 10021). The furuno hub is fine and the MFD12 can see the FA50, the radar and the PC that runs TZ.
Does the MFD12 need to be configured in a special way (master/slave?) to pickup the data?
Is there a minimum navnet3D software version that’s required?
What UDP AND TCP data ports is the MFD12 listening to?

Thanks for your input,

Best,

I’ve been screwing around with this exact same issue. I’ve finally been able to get TZN to pass the next waypoint to the MFDBB/MFD12 but it doesn’t show the entire route. I believe this is because TZN only outputs onto the N2K network certain parameters such as course to steer, Time to go, bearing to waypoint, etc. but it doesn’t output all the waypoints in the route at one time. In TZN you need to ensure you have the autopilot nmea sentences flagged to output and a output connection.

Hope this helps. It would be easier to export the routes from TZN in CSV format but NN3D doesn’t want to properly import.

Thanks for your input, but I don’t get any data from TZN, not even depth, wind etc. My MFD12 is only connected via the navnet3D network. It detects the PC that’s also on the network, but doesn’t get any data that PC outputs on that network (presumably, as when I try to configure a UDP output port 10021, TZN tells me it’s reserved for automated output).
Do you manage to get the NMEA0183 sentences from TZN to NN3D MFD12

TimeZero/Nobeltec is who you would need to be speaking with; but for NN3D, the TimeZero software version that should be used is v3. V4+ TimeZero software is designed for newer NavNets like the TZT2 v7+ and TZT3. The Navnets have a completely diffrent layer system than the older times and PC software. Please contact Nobeltec because they might offer you a downgrade that is more compatible with the older NN3D system.

Back