Maxsea Ver. 1.9.6 Startup Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

After upgrading to V 1.9.6, I find that the software TZ Navigator will not load consistently. I receive a message that TZ has encountered a problem and will quit. This can happen immediately after booting up the computer when there are no other programs open. After shutting down the computer and restarting, the software will load. Any idea what's going on? I'm running a Boxx computer with Win XP SP2.
Thanks,
Joe

Joe,
Your issue sounds like a problem related to the video/video driver of your PC. I would recommend that you ensure you have updated your video driver of the PC to the newest available. Also try going to the “Options” (click on the MaxSea Button) then select “Initial Setup” then “Advanced Setup”. Please set the Radar and Charts settings to “Best Performance”. Let me know if that clears your issue. If not, please provide the full specs of your PC including the details of the video card you are using.
Johnny :think

Thanks, Johnny. I changed the charts setting but there is no radar setting in my version of TZ Navigator. My video driver is fresh.
Joe

You are correct. Navigator will not have the radar setting, since only Explorer offers that feature. I hope the setting change resolved the issue for you. If not please let us know.
Johnny

Johnny,
Thanks to you and the other folks who helped out with my problem. It was my computer problem, not the Maxsea software. I couldn't have done it without your help. As usual, Furuno provided top notch support.
Joe

Jobe,
Thanks for the praise but I didn't do that much. Jeff in tech support told me that you guys were able to resolve the issue. It is good to see you on the forum again. Thank you for your support of Furuno and MaxSea. If you need assistance again; you know where to find us.
Johnny

I had a start up issue with both Ver.1.9.6 and now Ver. 1.9.7. We had upgraded to a new laptop that meets the requirements for the MaxSea Explorer. I have had lots of helpful tech support from Chris, Jeff and from Iker, but unfortunately I continue to have the problem. I have deleted and reinstalled SQL files, deleted and reinstalled Program Date POI files, deleted and reinstalled the program. As of today I completely deleted the Max Sea Program, all SQL files and all folders that say MaxSea. I am trying to start the installation over. Any suggestions?

You are running MS Windows directly and not doing something strange like running it on an APPLE with VMware Fusion or Parallels? I would recommend you contact Iker again. (try the 31st or 1st) He will most likely want you to send him the PC, especially if he has already looked at it over the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back