Maximum Number of Sounders on a TZT3 network

mattology

Furuno Super Fan
I did some searching for maximum number and sounders and unfortunately the terms were not easily producing the results I wanted to be able to search for. I also opened up the tzt9f/tzt12f/tzt16f/tzt19f operators manual and did some searching and did not find it.

However, I know via searching on this forum and reading the employees responses that the maximum number of active sounders on a tzt3 equipped network is 2 + DFF3D.

What happens if you have 3 MFD's? I would try to find out myself except i only have two on my boat haha.

TZT 9F wired to a 525TID-HDD
TZT 12F wired to a B265LM
TZT 16F wired to a B175HW

If you boot up the TZT9F, and turn the sounder to standby...
then boot up the TZT12F, and turn the sounder to standby...
then boot up the TZT16f, and turn the sounder to standby...

Could you go back to the TZT9F and turn the sounder to TX, and then turn on the TZT12F and turn that sounder to TX, so you would only have two active sounders?

If you then decided to turn the TZT12F back to standby, could you select the TZT16F, and turn on that sounder, so you would only have two active sounders on at one time?

or is the situation where once you boot up the third MFD, it will stay permanently greyed out and you will be unable to turn it on, even if the other two MFD's are set to standby?

With the newer v3 software it is now officially a max of two fish finders, one DFF3D multi-beam, and one side-scan. With that said, if you had Mattology's example and never had more than two fish finders actively selected and transmitting; it would most likely work fine.

Wow that is a lot of bandwidth capable of being fired at the same time!

A similar post on "that other forum" and I came up with this possible scenario

TZT12F/16F/19F - Wired to SS904 dual high chirp side scan transducer - chirps 220-240 khz
DFF3D - networked to navnet - multibeam - single frequency 165khz
DFF1-UHD - wired to B265LH - 42-65khz low chirp, 130-210 khz high chirp with bottom discrimination active
TZT 9F/12F/16F/19F wired to B175M - 85-135khz medium chirp

173khz of total bandwidth! All available at the same time if you want it, as long as you manage your interference rejection... which maybe some narrowing of the bandwidth with custom presets may be recommended..

If so that's pretty impressive!!!

KP (Key Pulse) cable is available if you run into some interference that can't be mostly filtered with interference rejection. Much depends on the install and the freqs used. I think it will be a nice feature add for those that have a free internal sounder to use.

Back