Lost a chart file

mikewoolf

Last month, I purchased the Canada-West chart (SDVJNAM025MAP17) and successfully installed it on my TZT2 system by copying the file to the SD card. It worked great for a month or so, then a few days ago, I fired up the system and this chart was gone. I looked for it by name in the catalog and the file didn't show up.

I was able to fix the problem by putting the SD card in my laptop, deleting the file from the card, then recopying the file from a backup on my laptop to the card. Put the card back in the TZT2, fire up and the system, and all is well again.

I presume this means the file on the card managed to become corrupt somehow, and replacing the file with a good version fixed the corruption. My concern, therefore, is that I might have received a bad SD card from Furuno and I can therefore expect more such trouble in the future. There's a fair amount of guesswork in the above though, so I'm hoping someone else on this forum has experienced this same symptom and can provide guidance on how they solved it.

I think it is more likely that your unit lost the unlock code for the chart. We have seen a software "thing" where the TZT2 will lose the unlock code after being powered off and the chart will no longer show. The fix has been to do a factory clear of the machine and reinsert the code. Once done, we never see the issue repeat. If you suspect your chart chip has an issue, you can always send it into the service center for a free exchange but we haven't been seeing that as a problem.

Back