The Logbook allows you to record events (either automatically or manually) during your trip.
How do the ''Additional Conditions' and 'Conditional Criteria' work under Logbook Options ?
MaxSea refers to additional conditions or conditional criteria when using the "automatic" logbook function. You can setup parameters or additional conditions for the Logbook to automatically record log entry/events. You can add event conditions automatically in your Logbook by choosing from these additional conditions.
We would advise you to use this function when experiencing excessive changes in conditions (notable increase in wind direction and force factor, for example) or an unprecedented event occurs such as depth alarm.
This feature allows you to configure MaxSea to trigger automatic Logbook events based upon:
• Interval: Useful to record recurring events
• Heading: Useful when you want to record Tack
• Wind Direction: Useful to record Wind Shift
• Wind Force: Useful to record passage with strong wind
• Depth Alarm: Useful to record shallow water (settings based upon the Depth Alarm Settings)
These settings can be configured from the "Logbook" option menu