Lan Port Usage, N2K Bridge, USB Port Accept Data

A

Anonymous

POST MOVED FROM "Furuno TZTouch" Thread

Great looking product :jump

Have several questions:

> I see the TZtouch14 has 3 lan ports. Since there is also a CAN/N2K connection, how would the 3 lan ports be used? As a switch/hub, input hi volume sources (e.g. radar or sounder)?

> Will the TZtouch bridge N2K ala MFD8 &12?

> Can the USB port accept data? (specifically, N183 DSC/DSE sentences) This could solve the issue of getting DSC info from N183-only VHF radios displayed.

> The NavNet TZtouch brochure mentions a N183 to N2K converter, IF-NMEA2K2. Where can further information on this device be found? Specifically, will it convert AIS and DSC sentences?

gprahl
> I see the TZtouch14 has 3 lan ports. Since there is also a CAN/N2K connection, how would the 3 lan ports be used? As a switch/hub, input hi volume sources (e.g. radar or sounder)?

Yes you are correct the three ports would be used for the radar power supply Lan connection, sounder lan connection and any other Furuno lan type device like FA50 AIS.

> Will the TZtouch bridge N2K ala MFD8 &12?

No the design of the TZtouch is that each TZtouch would connect as a drop to the NMEA 2000/CanBus to get NAV data. When mixing with a NN3D system, you would can use the NMEA 2000 port on the NN3D MFD and have it bridge the data via the LAN. In this manner the NMEA 2000 port of the TZ touch wouldn't be used.

> Can the USB port accept data? (specifically, N183 DSC/DSE sentences) This could solve the issue of getting DSC info from N183-only VHF radios displayed.

No the USB port is for external map hard drives etc.. You can not use it for NMEA.

The NavNet TZtouch brochure mentions a N183 to N2K converter, IF-NMEA2K2.

Where can further information on this device be found?

Specifically interested in confirming it will convert AIS and DSC sentences?

gprahl
We haven't gotten the final specs on the IF-NMEA2k2 yet but we should have it posted on the web site prior to the final release of the TZTouch product line. It will translate DSC and it will translate AIS. The question yet unanswered will it do both at the same time (say coming from AIS/VHF combo unit). I know everyone is bitting at the bit for the TZtouch and making plans but we don't have all of the finder details yet.

Does this mean on a small network I can connect two TZ displays and a radar without the need for a Hub101 because of the 3 ports on the TZ14?

Bluefrontier-
Yes, you can create a radar and dual TZ14 network without the Hub101.
:jump

Back