Issues Encountered after a Software Upgrade on a TZTouch

Hi

I own a boat with the below Furuno Electronics, I undertook a software upgrade a couple of months ago following the downloaded instructions attached via the TZT14. I have since run into some issues after the upgrade

Upgraded to V6.03

Furuno Equipment Fitted:

• FCV-1150 Sounder Type CV-1150 Serial Nu 2256-3197
  • TZT14 Multifunction Display Chart Plotter Serial Nu 4393-0115
  • NavPilot-711 Type FAP-7002 Serial Nu 8068-0974
  • Radar 4kw
  • Radar Sensor PSU-012 Serial Nu 001042
  • Heading Sensor Model PG-700 Serial Nu 6406-1888
  • Junction Box Type FI-5002 Serial Nu 002338
  • Charting C-Map

After completing the software upgrade of the TZT14 Plotter & I was unfortunately not aware of having to do a backup (missed that on the instructions) to allow the restoration of Settings with a SD backup card. Which resulted in losing our settings & mappings once we did the Master Reset as part of the upgrade process. We also lost our waypoints as the backup wpt saved on the wpt SD card failed to upload.

I then found some restore settings on an old SD card which partly restored some settings. I then reloaded our original Waypoints that I uploaded to the boat when we purchased it, however it is apparent

That there are some missing waypoints from the old card that did not upload onto the TZT14.

My main issue is that I am having trouble activating all of my mapping since the software upgrade. I can’t enter the mapping codes as when attempting the TZT14 only gives me A-F key options in the alphabet. Which does not able me to enter the unlock code. I require the A-Z in the alphabet to do this.

Can you please advise on how to get the full alphabet on the TZT14 to allow me to unlock the mapping codes. Please see attached photo's of when I am attempting to enter the mapping code

Since the software up-grade I have also lost my auto pilot function to a waypoint other than a heading lock. Not sure what has caused this, please advise if you would know what setting to enter to bring this back on line.

I also need to update / correct the tides & times on the plotter. Please advise on how to update tides & times

Is there any way to get back my original system settings that where in place prior to the software upgrade?

Many thanks for your help, as I am at a loss.

Regards Mick

Attachments

• C-Map charts require unlocking.jpg
    C-Map charts require unlocking.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Mapping Vector file V60MAP1.2 need unlocking.jpg
    Mapping Vector file V60MAP1.2 need unlocking.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Only have half the alphabet options are given to enter the unlock codes.jpg
    Only have half the alphabet options are given to enter the unlock codes.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Some of the Vector Mapping files V62MAP2.2 are out of Sync.jpg
    Some of the Vector Mapping files V62MAP2.2 are out of Sync.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 7
  • tzt_full_os_update_instructions_240113_171117.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
I would give tech support a call. Give them your System ID and they can help you with unlocking the maps again. 1-0 and A-F is all that is needed for any unlock codes.
You need to turn on the NMEA 2000 PGNs for the plotter to give the NavPilot instructions. Home - Menu - Initial Setup - PGN Output. Turn on 129283, 129284, and 129285.
Data sources need to be correctly set. Home - Menu - Initial Setup - Data Sources. Change Date & Time to the GPS antenna. It's probably set to the TZT14 currently.
Once reset, the settings are gone. It's always a good idea to make a fresh copy of points. Settings as well, if you are not familiar enough with your equipment to set it back up the way you like.

I would give tech support a call. Give them your System ID and they can help you with unlocking the maps again. 1-0 and A-F is all that is needed for any unlock codes.
You need to turn on the NMEA 2000 PGNs for the plotter to give the NavPilot instructions. Home - Menu - Initial Setup - PGN Output. Turn on 129283, 129284, and 129285.
Data sources need to be correctly set. Home - Menu - Initial Setup - Data Sources. Change Date & Time to the GPS antenna. It's probably set to the TZT14 currently.
Once reset, the settings are gone. It's always a good idea to make a fresh copy of points. Settings as well, if you are not familiar enough with your equipment to set it back up the way you like.
FishTech I got to the boat this weekend. Thanks so much for the settings advice for the NavPilot, it works perfectly once I made those PGN Output settings changes you suggested. Unfortunately, with the mapping issues the Australian Furuno support are offering much help, but we will soldier on.

Back