Importing waypoints

cletus9000

I recently purchased a TZT2 12 MFD to replace one of my VX2s and am having the hardest time getting it to accept waypoints via USB import. I did the trick where I created a few on the machine and exported the CSV to get the formatting correct. Uploaded a bunch of waypoints from active captain and put everything in as close to the same format as in the original file. When I put the thumb drive into the USB port and try to import the machine tells me there's nothing there. Very frustrating. What am I doing incorrectly?

Why aren't you taking the Vx2 files directly into the TZT2 using the "convert old data" feature of the TZT2? I don't understand why the work to CSV file or how Active Captain would be involved at all.

Good question. I am replacing one of a twin VX2 system with a Garmin plotter since I like their mapping better and ability to seamlessly interface with my ipad / iphone since I do a lot of trip planning that way. Nice to automatically load up waypoints, etc via wifi. So the Garmin has all my old waypoints, plus some ones from active captain on my devices, plus some from a third party. I would like to get them all into the TZT2 too for redundancy. I could limit myself to the ones on my old VX2 machines, but I am also having a problem getting them to output all my waypoints correctly - a separate issue (it gives me a backup file from 2015...). I like my Furunos, but man the waypoint management is not a strength.

If you are a Furuno USA customer, I would recommend opening a support case and send them the files. We will normally help customers convert points to needed Furuno formats as long as it is a one time conversion to our product.

Back