HELP with DFFF1-UHD

garycwbf

We have lost the picture and got blue screen.
Have dual touch2's networked with Furuno box and DFF!-UHD and running dual transducers (see attached pictures) yesterday we lost our bottom and went to blue screen. During day the resolution appeared to be changing and the bottom skipping depth .
Today we checked all connections and they are good and tight.
The LED light is flashing on the UTD every 2 seconds, i see both of my transducers in the set-up with the 265 selected. I changed the selection to the 275 and still no picture?

In the set-up i pressed Saltwater and the screen flashed then returned showing 600 ft deep blue screen.

I went online and was trying to buy a new DFF!-UHD and nobody has one and the local furuno shop can't send anyone out till the end of April.
The boat is used daily in our Business and can't sit still for 60 days in peak season, It is in the Fleet at Clearwaterbeachfishingcharter.com.

What are my options? Can i run a different sounder? Looks like i have two transducers wired into the DFF!-UHD, how would they hook up to a different sounder?

Can i use my current transducers with the DFF-3 sounders? The BBDS1?

How can i test that it is the DFF1-UHD sounder and not transducers?

Please help, no furuno dealer answering phone calls in Central Florida....

Does furuno repair these sounders? Mind was bought in 2015 and manufactured in 2014.

Gary

Best would be to send the sounder in for repair evaluation. They are really fast. Once you know if it can be repaired you can decide the next step. Send it in with your problem and contact infomation and they will contact you as soon as they check it out. (normally under 7 business days)

Furuno Service
4400 NW Pacific Rim Blvd
Camas, WA 98607

is there a work around while waiting for repair or new units on backorder? Even if i only can bring up one unit?

If you have TZT3 displays you could get a 12 pin pigtail and wire the transducer direct to the internal sounder while the UHD is out for evaluation. If you have TZT2, then you won't have a sounder while its out but the displays can still be powered on to do everything else.

Back