Have not used the boat in 18 months - TZT2/TZ mixed system

MarMax

Furuno Super Fan
Do to life and other priorities I've not had the Parker 2530 out of the garage and in the water since September 2021. The Furuno equipment is in my sig.

I understand that V6 is as far as I can go with software upgrades. I think the TZ is on 6.02 and the TZT12 is on 6.26. My question is if everything powers on and seems to be working fine if I need to do anything in preparation for getting back on the water.

If I wanted to modernize a bit I could replace the TZT9 which is mounted in the dash with a TZT9F which should allow me to upgrade the TZTL12F to the latest software. But will all my other Furuno equipment still be functional? And most importantly, is the TZT9F a direct bolt in replacement for a TZT9? And if so, which mounting method since there appears to be three dash mount options.

I also have a transom mounted 260 and would like to know which of the CHIRP transducers would be an exact swap out with this size transducer body? Should I even consider CHIRP?

Thanks in advance.

You might look over the changes offered by v6.03 but it doesn't seem critical.
https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/s...oftware/software/tztouch_software_history.pdf You can not mix TZT series one with TZT3. As long as you have removed all TZT series one from the boat, you can run a TZT2 and TZT3 mixed network but you must upgrade the TZT2 software. The TZT9F (TZT3) and the older TZT9 are not the same size so you might need to make some minor mounting adjustments. The TM260 is a really good transducer. If working, I don't think I would swap that out unless you are mostly doing shallow waters where CHIRP is a benefit. Right now transducers are really hard to come by, so if anything I would delay that a season so better selections are available. As far as sizing you might ask Gemeco which would be that same housing (phone 843-210-7000 ) but I wouldn't change it without good reason.

Back