Green circle from sat compass

BMSC Skipper2

Hey there,

Recently, a green ring has shown up around the boat and I don't know how to get rid of it. It goes away when the satellite compass is turned off.
This happened on a night trip while the screen was dimmed, and we accidentally pressed something.

See the pic...

Any help?

Thanks!

IMG_2470.jpg

Swipe up and turn off Radar Overlay. Or if you want Radar Overlay, press the TX button on the bottom left there.
Because you now have a heading source, Radar Overlay became an option. The green circle is a range ring. If you zoom out you will see more of them if you also have Range Link turned on in the Chart Plotter Menu.

Ok, that makes sense. When I turn off radar overlay the green ring goes away, but so does the quick access to turn on the radar. Can't have it all, I guess...

I guess I just never noticed the connection before to the radar.

Thanks for the info!

If you swipe up from the bottom towards the top on your plotter page, you can turn off RADAR RINGS and keep on RADAR OVERLAY

So the green range ring shows how far the radar will cover on the present chart that is displayed?
Yes and no. They are range rings. So if you have the rang link turned off you can zoom in and out on your chart without changing the range on the radar and vice versa. So lets say your radar is set to a 1 miles view and your chart is zoomed out to 2 or more miles, you will see 4 rings representing the 1/4 mile increments. Now if you zoomed into 1/2 mile on your chart you will only see 2 of the 4 rings. Since the 3/4 and 1 mile rings are outside of your field of view.

If range link is turned on the radar and charts will zoom together up to the max range of your radar.

Hope this is a little clearer than mud.

Bobby

Back