GPS connection in Brazil.

Diegosub

I bought a 3D in US, and installed display on my boat, but it can't find the satellites.
I connected a GPA-018 antenna through an AIS Transceiver FA-50. I have no satellite position and no AIS. :LOL:

A friend told me here that I need some change in software or other equipment for the GPS to work in Brazil. but I don't know if it's true.

Best regards

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-13 at 11.20.29 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-13 at 11.20.29 (1).jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 2
While the FA50 is a good AIS unit, it really isn't designed to be your primary source of GPS position. Even when working, you will not have a SAT Status view on the NN3D. It is possible to use basic GPS of the FA50 for boat position but it isn't recommended to use that as your primary source. The GPA coax antenna is for the AIS usage for giving it its own position and clocking/syncing. I highly recommend you consider a primary GPS source like a NMEA 2000 bus with a GP330B for getting primary GPS for the NavNet. In regards to the FA50, it is important that the software be updated. About two years ago older version of software stopped working due to GPS rollover of the internal GPS core. The FA50 should be updated to the most current software and if functional AIS and basic GPS should work for the NN3D.

Back