A

Anonymous

Please if there is anyone who can help.
Furuno gp32
Wind plot navigation for PC
Windows Xp professional operating system
Simrad ap 35 auto pilot
Simrad j300x-40

There are the four data wiresfrom the gp 32 white, green, blue, yellow.
I am running it thru a 9 pin connector in the back of the computer. I have read tot use the white and blue for the computer and also to use the yellow and blue wire. Which wires go to the auto pilot or does it get it information from the 9 pin connector from the back of the computer.( it is an old dell computer) please help.

If you're going directly to the PC using a 9-pin serial connector from the GP32, you would use the Blu (Ground) to pin 5, Yel (Send Data) to pin 2 and Grn (Receive Data) to pin 3; also jumper pins 4 to 6 and 7 to 8. Then you would have to output from your computer to the autopilot.

Another way of connecting the GP32 to your computer and autopilot is to use the wht (NMEA0183 TX+) to a terminal strip and the blue (NMEA0183 TX-) to a terminal strip. Once you have that connection, you can get an RS422 (NMEA0183) to RS232 (computer) converter to go to your PC and just connect the autopilot to the wht/blu NMEA. There are many converters out there...we offer one that works well, part number 422-USB-CBL.

**One thing to keep in mind is that you cannot use the blu/yel/grn AND the wht/blu...one or the other, not both.

Reaper, thank you...
Some clarity please...
Blue to pin 5
Yellow to pin 2
Green to pin 3
Which wires go to the auto pilot?

If using those wires to go to the computer, you can't also connect to the autopilot from the GP32. There are a few options for connecting the GP32 to a computer and an autopilot. The best way might be to purchase a NMEA expander, like a Noland Engineering XP15 (http://nolandeng.com/xp15.php). It'll take NMEA0183 input (wht/blu) and output NMEA0183 for your autopilot and has a special RS232 port to go to your computer. The other way is as I mentioned in the second paragraph of my previous reply.

Back