Gp1971F transducer problem

quebecer

I have a GP1971F sounder/plotter/gps. It loses the bottom often and doesn’t give me a clear picture of the bottom like my old furuno did for me. I use it for fishing lobster 100 ft of water or less. The promblem Iam sure is with the transducer. I currently have a 556TID-LTD/12. My boat is aluminum with 12 degree dead rise. On the GP1971F in transducer initial setup the 556TID-LTD/12 is not a choice on the selection of transducers on the screen. The closest one is 526TID-HDD. This could be an obvious reason why it doesn’t work right but on the furuno accessories page the 556TID-LTD/12 is listed as compatible with the gp1971f. Any one have a problem like this thanks.

Lack of exact model setting we normally suggest the generic 1KW setting, not that it will make much of a difference. I would recommend lots of photos of what your getting be sent to official support to look at. They can normally tell a lot using photos. For 100ft of water or less that really is an awful transducer selection. I have never been a big fan of the B164 but it is 1KW and designed to go deep. It isn't really the best tool to use for relatively shallow waters and seeing small targets on the bottom.

I have a new transducer I am going to install SS60-SLTD/12 next week. I hope the problem is gone this model is a choice on the initial setup screen. Also with the old transducer it would work well some days and some days I had to constantly reset the default settings to keep it working. And on the end of the season I could only operate it in high frequency. Seemed like it got worse as time went on.

Back