GP1971 to Yamaha 6YC

Bfrench7

I am looking to hook up my 1971 to my Yamaha 6YC via the NMEA0183 network for the purpose of sending speed readings from the GPS to the Yamaha Gauge for ECON calculations.

There is a blue and white wire on the back of the 6YC.

If I have read other posts correctly, the white wire from 6YC wants the Furuno “TX+” and blue to Furuno “TX-“

My only issue is that it looks like Furuno labels them in the manual as TD-A and TD-B

Can anyone confirm which configuration I need?

Additionally, I also have an FCV628 and it is linked to my 1971 via the NMEA 0183 network for the purpose of marking fish, speed, etc..

Those connections are...

FCV628---------------------------------------------------------------GP1971
Yellow --------------------------------------------------------------White
Green----------------------------------------------------------------Blue
White-----------------------------------------------------------------Yellow
Blue-------------------------------------------------------------------Green

Will having 3 units (6YC, GP1971, FCV628) linked together cause any issues?

Thanks in advance!

Good afternoon Bfrench7,

Thank you for your inquiry.
TD (A) is TD (+)
TD (B) is TD (-)

Kind Regards,
C-Bass

Is there any issue having multiple units on the 0183 network as I described above?

Also, can you advise which settings I will need to adjust on the 1971F to send speed data to the Yamaha gauge?

Good afternoon Bfrench7,

NMEA0183 can be a single talker with multi listener. Meaning one device can provide a information to multiple listeners. However, there are some limiting factors to the previous sentence: number of devices, length of cable run ETC. Sometimes a NMEA data repeater or multiplexer can be used. But in your case, you will likely be just fine if the distance between the devices is not too far.

You will need to output "VTG" in the NMEA0183 sentence menu. You can reference the installation manual section 4.5.

Kind Regards,
C-Bass

C-Bass":3dhizlrm said:
Good afternoon Bfrench7,

NMEA0183 can be a single talker with multi listener. Meaning one device can provide a information to multiple listeners. However, there are some limiting factors to the previous sentence: number of devices, length of cable run ETC. Sometimes a NMEA data repeater or multiplexer can be used. But in your case, you will likely be just fine if the distance between the devices is not too far.

You will need to output "VTG" in the NMEA0183 sentence menu. You can reference the installation manual section 4.5.

Kind Regards,
C-Bass

PERFECT!

The distance cable runs to each device are like 3’ at most.

Thank you for your help!

Back