GP1871F Problem

pezgallo

I recently purchased this unit and set it up in my house to practice with it. I turned the transducer transmission OFF, selected the new transducer I also purchase (Airmar B785M) and put the unit into simulation mode. I was able to use fish finder simulation for a couple of times. But today, it will not display the fish finder simulation. Even though I have the unit in MANUAL fish finder setting, the fish finder display acts like it is in an AUTO RANGE mode. It continually tries to find the bottom from 0-60 to 0-4000, but never locks into a setting and displays the bottom or fish. While it is doing this, jagged lines extending down from the water surface, appear and disappear as it moves through the different ranges. I have tried returning it to factory defaults with no success. Suggestions?

It doesn't sound like it is in simulation mode at all. The way it sounds, it sounds like it is transmitting in the air with or without transducer.

Agree completely. But the Simulation toggle is definitely on under SETTINGS>GENERAL>SIMULATION. I did turn off AUTO RANGE, and it has settled down to the 0-200ft range. But no bottom and no fish simulation. I have filled out the technical report "question" fields. Let's hope I don't have to send this back in within the first hour of operation of Simulation Mode only. GPS seems to work fine. It loaded my C-Map 4 chart and my waypoints as well.

I found the problem. Under the General Simulation mode, there is a separate Fish Finder Simulation mode. That toggle had somehow been turned back to OFF, even though I had never seen that FF SIM option. It's working now.

Back