getting WAYPOINTS from ES78 raymarine to navpilot 500

C

Caytan

Hello,

on my sailing first 31.7 the MFD ES78 is connected under NMEA183 to a multiplexeur shipmodule
The navpilot 500 with controller 520 is connected to the multiplexeur shipmodule: It is with TB5 connector to shipmodule multiplexeur output 1 and output the datas to ES78 via multiplexeur from TB6 nav pilot output connector

Q1 Should I use TB7 in / out instead?
Q2 The navpilot 500 get its heading from the PG500 compass from TB8, Should I connect the multipleur ship module to the PG500 J2? to send waypoints to nav pilot.
Q3 how do I toggle from the PG500 heading to the nav Waypoint message from the multiplexeur to get the navpilot target the waypoint?

So far I have no data when I press the nav button, and so no cap or heading but I can read the waypont sentences on the output of the multiplexeur from the usb line on my PC.

Sorry for such newbee questions, but I would like to get benefit from the routing capabilities of the MFD ES78 raymarine, and receive the way points on the navpilot furuno 500.
regards
JP

Q1 Should I use TB7 in / out instead?
That depends if the Raymarine is providing RS422 or RS232 level NMEA.
TB6 supports RS232 and TB7 supports RS422. You would need to know what the Raymarine is providing.

Q2 The navpilot 500 get its heading from the PG500 compass from TB8, Should I connect the multipleur ship module to the PG500 J2? to send waypoints to nav pilot.

No you wouldn't send the compass your waypoint nav data.

Q3 how do I toggle from the PG500 heading to the nav Waypoint message from the multiplexeur to get the navpilot target the waypoint?

Heading totally different than nav data coming from a plotter. The pilot accepts both heading (on TB8) and the NavData.

You would select the Nav Data source by using the instructions in the operator's manual on page 4-8 "Selecting the Navigator Connected".

If you don't have copies of the manuals, they can be found under the product page of our website.

thanks for your quick answer,
the MFD ES78 has NMEA 183 output and input wires reportedly Under RS422, and exactly, the MFD ES78 is connected to a shpmodule multiplexer version 3 on RS422 input 3 and get is nmea sentences form output 2 of the multipleser
The navpilot furuno is connecter to the multiplexer also and has TB6 connected to the input 4 of the shipmodule multiplexer and has TB5 connected to the output 1 of the multiplexer shipmodule in parallel with the nmea input of the vhf rt 550 for the GPS info
The multiplexer shipmodule is reportedly respecting NMEA 183 v2 standard with RS422
I can read the sentences of the WPL on the usb port of the shipmodule multiplexer, while monitoring output 1, but the furuno cannot get the messages

WPL is just a message giving waypoint location. It is not a command for the autopilot.
Do you have an APB, RMB, RMC, or XTE message coming through?

Back