fvc 295 bandwidth

Captave

Looks for suggested bandwidth for fvc 295 paired with cm599lhg this setup. New to the forum thanks for your help!

Captave,

The FSV295's Bandwidth, or “Slewing Range” allows an Operator the ability to adjust the Frequency 50% above and 50 % below the starting Frequency within the set range parameters.

If the starting Frequency is at 40kHz and the Bandwidth is set at 10kHz, you will be able to slew 5kHz above and 5kHz below the starting frequency of 40kHz.

Example: 45kHz slew – 40kHz - 55kHz slew.

Always set the transducer’s frequency keeping in mind these considerations:
  • Setting the frequency which is suitable for detecting targeted fish.
  • Shifting the frequency to reduce any fish finder interference.
  • Lowering the frequency to increase fish finder detection range.
  • Raising the frequency to improve fish finder resolution.
- Deep Blue :geek:

Captave,

The FSV295's Bandwidth, or “Slewing Range” allows an Operator the ability to adjust the Frequency 50% above and 50 % below the starting Frequency within the set range parameters.

If the starting Frequency is at 40kHz and the Bandwidth is set at 20kHz, you will be able to slew 5kHz above and 5kHz below the starting frequency of 40kHz.

Example: 45kHz slew – 40kHz - 55kHz slew.

Always set the transducer’s frequency keeping in mind these considerations:
  • Setting the frequency which is suitable for detecting targeted fish.
  • Shifting the frequency to reduce any fish finder interference.
  • Lowering the frequency to increase fish finder detection range.
  • Raising the frequency to improve fish finder resolution.
- Deep Blue :geek:
I will be running 200hrz on HF and 50hrz on LF

Captave,

I would set the low frequency at the center frequency of 50kHz, and the bandwidth of "10" between 45kHz to 55kHz. Then I would set the high frequency of 200kHz's at the bandwidth of "20" for 190kHz to 210kHz. Keep in mind that the FCV295 has the following frequencies "blocked out" to prevent noise: 53-65kHz, 111-139kHz, and 171-183kHz.

- Deep Blue

Back