FurunoTZBB2 tracks

trawler guy

Good afternoon,
I brought this up before, and I apologize for the repeat topic, but in my opinion it is worth bringing up again. I had Furuno NavNet3D for 8 years on my new vessel, and after being damaged in a lightning storm in 2018, I replaced it with the new, "updated" TZBB2.
Let me say that I absolutely LOVE the new system, or I should say most of the new system.
What is so incredibly frustrating, honestly beyond me is the limit number of tracks and routs I can have on the new system. On my 8 year old NavNet3D, I must have had 2 dozen tracks and routes saved within the system, and while underway creating new tracks, I never, ever had any issues with "Maximum tracks reached". How can a new, improved, better, faster system have so much less memory than my 8 year old system. It's like buying a new computer...the new ones are always better, faster, and ALWAYS have "more" memory, not less...
I know I can adjust the track "size" or "distance" and I have been doing so. But still after only a few days of cruising I get the alarm "maximum tracks reached".

So my question is: Can more memory be purchased and installed? Is Furuno aware of this issue and are they planning on a remedy? It really is too bad, whith such a great product overall, this one issue really puts a damper on things. It should not be so difficult to "add" or improve the memory for the system.
I look forward to hearing from anyone from Furuno.
Sorry for the long, "bitching" message but it is indeed frustrating.

Thank you

I am glad you are enjoying the TZT2BB. Before you start looking for more memory, please know the TZT2 system supports (30K) three times the track points of the NN3D system (10K). I suspect it is how you are dropping the point via the user settings that is making them get used up too quickly compared to your NN3D. If you have the points set for TIME, it will drop points while parked at the dock. I recommend setting the unit up for distance (see page 2-18). In case you do wish to backup your tracks and have several backups, you can add a USB memory stick to the TZT2BB to save (Export) your tracks to. I normally recommend 32GB or under for the USB storage. They can be imported as you need.

Johnny,
Thank you for your reply and explanation. I had no idea that if set on "Time" it would drop points while docked...That's good to know. However I have the settings on distance so perhaps I just have to increase the distance settings. I will do that.

But just out of curiosity: Is it possible to increase the memory on the system? I guess it's more for personal information more than anything...
Again, thank you for explaining this.

Roberto

The memory on the main board is not expandable. Memory used for screen captures, back-ups is via the USB port and can be very large but normally not needed because backups of points/routes/tracks/settings take very little space.

Back