Furuno Way-point Management Software.

dalegoble

I have looked to try to find a Waypoint management software for Furuno.
Buying a Gp1971f 9 and would like something to manage waypoints .
I have many, many waypoints saved I want to transfer and manage offline.
Garmin has Home Port which works good and it is free.

I see nothing but some lame program called seamarks.
Anything out there that works and doesn't cost at ton of money.
Any ideas or help on this one.
Shame on Furuno for dropping the ball on this.

The GP1971F supports CSV and GPX as additional formats. CSV can be opened and edited in Microsoft Excel. There are many freeware programs that support GPX like https://www.gpsvisualizer.com/ and others. I am pretty sure that other company program you mentioned also supports GPX.

EasyGPS is a good free one I’m using. Tell the software you’re using a new Garmin and it saves in .GPX which is accepted by Furuno.

ExpertGPS is the paid version. I don’t see any reason to pay as it only really allows for an overlay map...which for the water is kind of silly.

Johnny will the gps visualizer allow the saving of waypoints from a tzt14? Which format would you use to enter into PC?

can you add waypoints into the program on the PC and update in the tzt 14?

I presently use sea marks, but I'm looking for another program to save, and and transfer waypoints from PC to MFD and back.

Thank you

SeaMarks is a good one. Another method I have used is exporting in CSV format from the TZT, then using Microsoft Excel to edit or add points and then save/restore to the TZT.

Thanks for the quick reply. when you want to export from the Microsoft Excel whih format would you use to enter into the TZT14? CSV or TZT?

Back