FURUNO FCV 295

R

RogerVargas

I´m from the Azores, Portugal, and I have a fyberglass fishing vessel, with 7 meters and I have a Furuno Fcv 295 with a 3kw transducer.
But until 200 meters deep I can´get the best scan from the bottom, so, someone offered me a 1kw transducer, Furuno CA50/200-1T Rubber Transducer 1kW 50/200kHz.

So my questions is, usind this new one, until how many meters I can have a good scan and if it´s possible to use both.

Muito Obrgado

Roger

Roger,
A 7m vessel is pretty small for a 3kw transducer. Can you post a picture of how it is mounted.
Normally a 3kw with out perform a 1kw one.

Snips

Olá!

Here you have!

I´m sorry, but I didn´t understand the sentence "Normally a 3kw with out perform a 1kw one", can you please explain me what it means?

The 1kw that I have to install is the model 50/200 - 1T BLK

Can you please tell me until how many fa I can get good readings?

Obrigado for your time!

Attachments

• IMG_20181108_144824.jpg
    IMG_20181108_144824.jpg
    886.6 KB · Views: 1,847
  • IMG_20181108_144918 (3).jpg
    IMG_20181108_144918 (3).jpg
    836.1 KB · Views: 1,847
  • IMG_20181108_145035.jpg
    IMG_20181108_145035.jpg
    937.9 KB · Views: 1,847
Roger,
To be honest that not a very nice looking installation which is probably the main reason it's not working that well. Is that a 28,38 or 50Khz transducer?

If you mount the 1T like that it not going to work well either.

Snips

It has 28,38 transducer.

So, what´s your advise?

Obrigado

Roger,
That transducer is either is either 28 or 38Khz but not both. Both frequencies are susceptible to turbulence. Do you have any screen shots when you have been out fishing you can post?

Snips

It´s 28, sorry.

Just one

Attachments

• pargu.jpg
    pargu.jpg
    928.3 KB · Views: 1,823
Roger,
Thanks for that screen shot. It is really hard for me to extract much information from that small view other than you are probably be 78 fathoms of water and there appears to some targets close to the bottom. It also looks like the water was fairly calm that day, the vessels speed may have been in the 4-6 knot range and the sounder was using a Standard Pulse length.

So my question back to you, what are you expecting to see?

Snips

Yes, it´s was calm water conditions(august), 78 fathoms and I was around that speed, that´s correct .

Until 150 fa, I don´t can´t any gain, and I can´t get a good definition of the bottom until 50 fa, it seems everything like sand bottom, and I live in a volcanic island, where everything is rocky and quite agressive.

So my point is the other transducer, can I use also at the same time with this one?

Using the 1kw 50/200,that I want to instal,will give me better scans until 100fa, and how deep I can get good bottom readings and schools?

Sorry for all those questions, but I don´t have anyone in the island who can help me about it.

Muito Obrigado

Roger,
I still am having a hard time understanding exactly what you are looking for. Perhaps if you had couple more screen shots (showing the full sounder display) may help.

Yes you can use the CA50/200-1T with the FCV-295. Will it give you the performance you are looking for? I can't say, but it will be different. This is because the frequencies and beam widths will be different.

The word "definition" means different things to different people. One may think of it as the ability to separate targets vertically where another may mean horizontally.

Also there are different ways to judge the make up of the seabed, some look at the tail of the primary return, other judge the make up by looking at the second and third returns.

Snips

Hello!

Unfortunately, the weather is bad for the next week, so I can´t show from the ocean what I mean...
My goal is the red snapper(pagrus pagrus), so I´m looking for smooth bootom to rock, where are some food and fish of course, until 90 fathoms, and also pelagic fish, "jack´s", guily jacks and greater amberjack, wich are are around submarine mountain in a depth until 40 fathoms.

I decide to leave the 3kw transducer and put the 1kw as well, for that kind of fishing.

Do I have to put it thru hull or in-hull, if I can can do the last option, how should be done?
The hull has 1.5cm

Obrigado for your patience

Roger

Roger,
For the best performance the face of the transducer should be in contact with the water.
In-hull transducer installations simply don't perform as well as thru-hull.

Snips

Back