Furuno 1815

Roman

Hello everyone. I have a Furuno model 1815 that I have a question about. On the top of my display screen it says hdg. I assume this is heading but I don't see how to access it or use it. It is filled with stars. Also I installed my unit myself and didn't realize that the apparent that the magnetron stays on even though the display unit is turned off. Mine shows $6,300 hours which is roughly when I installed it over 200 days ago. Does this mean that my magnetron is past its life. Thank you in advance

ON time and Transmit time are two diffrent things. If you don't want the ON time counting; you will want to put the radar on a switch/breaker. Power to the unit passes warm up voltage to the scanner (accumulating ON Time) if the breaker is ON but the display is turned OFF. On Time doesn't change anything in regards to warranty and hurts nothing.

Heading needs to be connected to have a heading reading at the top of the radar. If you have heading connected, the baud rate or something isn't correct if you are getting asterisks. You would want to go back and check that wiring and baud rate.

Back