Fuel Data Management

Quitsa

Furuno Super Fan
I can't find any discussion in the manual relating to the "Trip Log 2" and "Odo". If "manual fuel management" is selected, it is possible to determine how much fuel was used for the recorded Trip log 2 distance, however, that requires writing down somewhere what the manual fuel level at the start of the log period and subtracting it from the current reading.

On other companies' MFDs, the trip log function usually also can display fuel consumed and average fuel economy. If this possible on the TZT 3? If not, that should be put on the list of suggestions for a software update in the future.

Basically trip based fuel consumption. For those with tank sensors it seems like a good idea. I will pass the suggestion to Product Development.

Johnny Electron":3sm4qtm9 said:
Basically trip based fuel consumption. For those with tank sensors it seems like a good idea. I will pass the suggestion to Product Development.

It's even more useful for someone without tank sensors and should be a lot more precise. The tank level sensors are prone to all sorts of errors based on irregular tank shapes, boat trim, and the calibration of the sensor. By contrast, I know from experience that the NMEA 2000 fuel rate data from the engine is accurate within 2%.

The TZT 3 already has the necessary information -- if you reset the trip log to zero and make note of the manual fuel level remaining fuel amount. For example, the other day I took a long offshore fishing trip. The manual fuel reading was 340 gallons when I started and 180 gallons when I returned so I knew I had burned 160 gallons over that distance. The log said 178 miles so I had an overall average fuel economy of 1.11 nmpg. The MFD should be able to calculate and display those two numbers for me without me having to use the calculator app on my phone.

Back