FLIR MD625 wiring diagram

SC_HAMACHI

Just got a FLIR MD625 looking for a wiring diagram to hook up the Ethernet cable and the coax cable coming from the camera to the TZ3.

Thanks,

Kyle

Will just hooking up to the RCA cables allow for utilizing the zoom features? I do not have the JCU controller from FLIR

You would need to change the IP address of the camera and connect the network up with NavNet to try doing anything additional. I do think it does limited digital zoom if you configure it to the network but little else. I agree that adding a JCU for this unit wouldn't do much beyond what you can do with the MFD.

I followed the instructions with in the Flir manual to change the static IP address. Set at the number provided in the Furuno instructions. Furuno instructed for M series not MD. Does that matter? TZ is seeing the IP address I changed it to, but is offering no control. Is there a separate IP for the MD series?

Thanks

The MD625 is a stationary camera, there is nothing to control. Per the documentation that Johnny provided a JCU is recommended for zoom levels. Are you seeing the image over from the IP address?

The Furuno IP network utilizes the 172.31.X.X networks with a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0 so the directions for the "M" series would be just as applicable to the "MD" line as well.

SC_HAMACHI":hjolelfi said:
I followed the instructions with in the Flir manual to change the static IP address. Set at the number provided in the Furuno instructions. Furuno instructed for M series not MD. Does that matter? TZ is seeing the IP address I changed it to, but is offering no control. Is there a separate IP for the MD series?

Thanks

If you had a M364 or something similar you would get move-about controls, but for this I would just expect a video stream. As Johnny recommended, for a camera like this, going in by coax might give a better overall picture quality - in general the Furuno will only support what the camera is capable of.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

FWIW, the MD625 really is a simple compact fixed view marine thermal camera, even the Pan/Tilt is locked in at installation. There just might not have been anything to control.

- Maggy

Back