Fishfinder "noise"

Jagsare1

Furuno Fan
Continue to struggle to make the TZT2 fishfinder get close to the performance I had with the Furuno 585 with the same transducer. Fishing in depths of 2500+ this weekend, I adjusted settings all day trying to get it to read bottom(when I never had this issue with the Furuno 585 with the same transducer). Finally got it to read bottom but in the space above the bottom to the surface, there was an excessive amount of "noise" or clutter. I could not adjust that out. Any suggestion on which adjustment would help remove that?

If the answer is reduce gain, won't work, reducing gain eliminates the machines ability to find bottom in this depth.

When you say "read bottom" are you referring to seeing it on the screen or displaying a digital depth number?

Do you have pictures of the noise/clutter?
If you're getting too much clutter with the gain up, you can adjust the clutter bar and that can help reduce clutter. I would like to see some pictures though.

Unfortunately, don't know when I can get pictures. I was 100 miles offshore at the time. By read bottom, in this case, I meant seeing the bottom or seeing the depth. Struggling to do either.

Do you know the model number of your transducer?

On the TZT2 fish finder, at what depths do you start to lose the bottom?

Something I would try before going out next time is, setting your bottom level HF and LF to -30.

I can't answer that question specifically. Again, using a Furuno 585 with the same transducer previously, it showed bottom solid, at all speeds out to over 1000 feet. The TZT2 holds bottom precariously. I can't describe it any other way. It very easily loses bottom. Spent hours in 2500 feet with the machine changing depth ranges every 2 seconds trying to find bottom. Yet other times, the bottom is there. When running in almost all depths, there appears not to be a solid bottom contact. I would say this. The 585 with this transducer was superior to the TZT2 with the exact same transducer in all ways. Huge downgrade to get rid of the 585 and I regret it. Way too many adjustments with the TZT2 and can't even get an explanation to what half of the adjustments do. Perfect example is, what does "Bottom level -30" even mean? I can change to -30 but have no idea what that means and cannot find the term "Bottom Level" anywhere in the owners manual.

Back