FI-5001 wind transducer connectors

niklas70

Hi. My wind instrument has stopped working, no data shows up on FI70 display, navnet 3d or autopilot. Also my system lost its position. The first fault located that was somehow causing the system to lose position was that the data interface for the wind instrument was malfunctioning. When disconnected the system got the position back. With a new interface installed and connected the position issue is resolved (btw this is the second interface that braeks for me). However there was still no data from the wind instrument so I replaced the instrument itself, but without success. This leads me to think that there is a cable connection issue somewhere. That is a potentially big problem for me since my mast is 30+ meters. In order to verify the potential cable/connection issue I need to connect the wind instrument with a short cable into the junction box/interface and see if it works. In order to do this I want to patch in a new six pin contact to the short cable (I don't want to cut the contact from the instrument). My problem right now is that I don't know which color wire goes to which pin in the female contact and I can't find any info on it. I would appreciate input on this and the recurring interface/position issue. Thanks!

When you installed the new converter, I'm assuming IF-NMEA2K2, did you set it up to be a wind sensor? They come default from us as a tank sender.

Fortunately you have an FI70 so this is easy.
On the FI70, Menu - IF-NMEAFI - Select IF (pick it) - Category (pick wind)
You may need to power cycle the NMEA 2000 once or twice to get it going after the change.

This setting gets most people. We try to let our dealers know to make a note when they order them about how it needs to be set.

I meant to say IF-NMEAFI, not IF-NMEA2K2.

You may need to power cycle the NMEA 2000 once or twice to get it going after the change.

This setting gets most people. We try to let our dealers know to make a note when they order them about how it needs to be set.

Thanks. I will try this and keep my fingers crossed. :)

Success. Thanks again!

Back