FCV800 and 2 transducer port capability

darth baiter

Interested in hearing from folks that have taken advantage of the FCV800 dual ports. From the Furuno website" "With the FCV800’s ability to drive both TruEcho CHIRP™ and CW options simultaneously,....." Does this really take the best parts of CW and CHIRP transducer signals and combine them somehow onto the screen? Would seem like tricky software to do that. And I assume then that signals from the two transducers aren't getting cross interference and noise from the other. I am trying to decide to spring for the FCV800 or just get a 1971 FF and chart plotter (which is cheaper too). Would like to hear general impressions from the folks that have gone to the FCV800 too.

The 50/200 and chirp are quite unlikely to interfere. It's not new stuff; just a better sounder. I've been on boats running 50/200, 165, 140-240 sonar all at the same time with no interference. 50/200 is ideal for studying the bottom if you want to study fishing habitat. Chirp is good for fish in the water column, though 50/200 isn't bad at that! Do use transducers that are compatible with the FCV800 if you want good compatibility for accufish, bottom hardness, etc... The screen and colors are nice if you are willing to try new colors.

The 50/200 and chirp are quite unlikely to interfere. It's not new stuff; just a better sounder. I've been on boats running 50/200, 165, 140-240 sonar all at the same time with no interference. 50/200 is ideal for studying the bottom if you want to study fishing habitat. Chirp is good for fish in the water column, though 50/200 isn't bad at that! Do use transducers that are compatible with the FCV800 if you want good compatibility for accufish, bottom hardness, etc... The screen and colors are nice if you are willing to try new colors.
Thanks. I'm coming from a 585 so don't have the Rez boost, bottom ID, Accusize features either. So should see benefits no matter what I finally decide to go with.

Back