FCV587 Calib menu question

spooled1

Gidday and Happy New Year. It's been quite a few years since I last posted. I'm still using the same 587 and still loving it but my New Years resolution is to tweak my settings to the next level. So here's my question if someone can please help me:

Lets presume I am using dual screen with HF on one side and LF on the other side. On the HF side I've got great signal and on the LF side it's fully cluttered. If I want to correct my LF side without disturbing the HF side, is this an over-arching fix done via the System Menu>Calibration menu>GainADJ LF?

Thanks again and happy new year

I would first identify why the LF is so cluttered. Most typical would be turbulence (that always affects LF first before HF or noise. Do you have any photos running both frequencies under your example?

Thanks and Happy New Year Johnny,
No pic yet but yes, turbulence is 100% what I suspect too. So what I'm asking is can the LF turbulence be balanced (without disturbing HF settings) if I go to System Menu>Calibration menu>GainADJ LF?

I should add that this is using a P66 in 20-60m depths where I'm (a) marlin trolling and (b) finding new ground down below

Finally, after all these years, of loving the 587 please, please, please ask your techs to release a similar model that allows about 5 user defined presets where users can first program and then select an option where thier pre-programmed presets just pop up for whatever trip they're planning. This would be perfect for fisho's like me that work grounds 5-20m, up to 50m, then grounds 70-120m, then shelf grounds and then shallow and wide Marlin grounds. Anyway - I had to ask... Thanks again. Dan

There isn't much you can do to counter turbulence other than remove the source of disturbance. Air bubbles below a transducer always is worse on low freq because it is such a wide wavelength. HF with a smaller wavelength can squeeze signal between bubbles so it is less susceptible depending on how much is happening. There is no setting that will help turbulence. Transducer placement is key.

Back