FCV585 white screen

pasquale

Hi everyone, has anyone had repair experience on FCV 585s.
Completely white display.
TX EKO functions working.
regards

Sounds like the LCD assembly. Now if you can find one that doesn't transmit and mix the two, you will be cooking.

Sounds like the LCD assembly. Now if you can find one that doesn't transmit and mix the two, you will be cooking.
Johnny hi, thanks for the reply. Just this morning while I was now convinced that it was the NEC NC6448B.etc display... another 585 arrived with the exact same defect. I naturally did some tests by crossing cards and displays. All the same. I curiously found the two serial numbers, and noticed that they are close. Perhaps the key to the mystery lies right here. Quantity of NEC displays showing defects after a few years of operation. Do you have news about it?

No we haven't seen any correlation of problems with the NEC displays. They are one of the leading producers and not aware of any bad batches etc. The FCV585 depending on production is starting become a bit long in the tooth. They went to the FCV587, then the FCV588 and now the FCV800. Age is something that gets us all.

No we haven't seen any correlation of problems with the NEC displays. They are one of the leading producers and not aware of any bad batches etc. The FCV585 depending on production is starting become a bit long in the tooth. They went to the FCV587, then the FCV588 and now the FCV800. Age is something that gets us all.
Yes, I have 74... thanks Johnny so it must be a fault on the motherboard... I'll try to look.. for now I've only found correct power supply voltages... it will be difficult.

Back