FCV295 B265LH issue

plexi47

Just installed new FCV295 and B265LH,coming from Lowrance HDS,hoping better performance. Followed instructions setting TAP A-A both H and L ,starting 50-200 Khz ,then tried 42 and 144 same problem. Low freq signal OK but looks a bit weak. High freq very very weak signal,even at 5 meres depth,no indication of depth. tried many seting of TVG ,working only at 1 but still weak. Improved only by putting TAP at C ,then returned at A for fear of breaking something. Any Idea?

I'd search around the forum, because this issue does come up a bit. Typically the best frequencies for this setup are for the HF channel to be set at 200Khz with a bandwidth of 40Khz, and the LF side is set at 42khz with a band width of 21khz.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

plexi47,

The transducer TAP Settings should be "A" for both the Low and High Frequency, and the stated bandwidth for the B265LH on lower frequencies of 42-65 kHz so I would leave the low frequency at "42 kHz".

But keep in mind that the FCV295 cannot transmit at the following: 53-65 kHz, 111-139 kHz, and 171-183 kHz. So, I would might try setting the FCV295's high frequency at either 160 kHz, 190 kHz, or 200 kHz and see what works best for your fishery.

When it comes to FCV295 Settings, you can change the unit's Pulse Repetition Rate, in 20 levels. Normally, the highest rate (Manual 20) is used. However, when you are in shallow waters there might be a second reflection echoes appearing between the surface and bottom echoes. If this case, you might need to lower the TX rate level.

I hope this information helps..?

- Deep Blue :wink7

Thanks a lot for your replies.Having tested the settings you have indicated.Checked also the transducer connected to Lowrance HDS live with a pigtail,(it works ok).My fear is a faulty FCV295 tx module.Any way to test it before sending to Furuno ?

Anyway a few pics of what you are seeing be posted along with a quick run down of the settings you are using?

Could be noise or turbulence related issues with the installation or vessel wiring, and not the 295 at all... :think

Let us know, :sail

- Maggy

Finally it was a faulty fransducer.Delamination from the bottom surface and bronze body.Repaled with a new one and evething ok as expected

Was just wondering how happy you are with this setup? I am considering the same.

Thanks

plexi47":271qsgqc said:
Finally it was a faulty fransducer.Delamination from the bottom surface and bronze body.Repaled with a new one and evething ok as expected

Was just wondering how happy you are with this setup? I am considering the same.

Thanks
Hi I’ve got the fcv 295 and tm 265 . I’m pretty happy with it got lots of punch in finding bottom and hardness. Bottom zoom with split screen on hf I can go to 150m with ease. And the detail is awesome

Empire07,

Do you have pictures of your Transducer Delamination..? I track items such as this...

Do ceiling fans increase dust?

Because they may assist circulate air and improve indoor comfort, ceiling fans are a common addition to many homes and businesses. However, a common worry is whether or not ceiling fans contribute to an increase in indoor air pollutants like dust. This article will examine whether bedroom ceiling fans increase dust and offer suggestions for reducing dust buildup.

How to Use a Ceiling Fan

Bedroom ceiling fans operate by moving air around a space as their blades rotate. The downdraft produced by the blades can move air and have a cooling effect. This is particularly helpful in the summer when heated, stagnant inside air can be an issue.
Bedroom ceiling fans are not intended to directly clean or purify the air. However, they can aid in lowering the concentration of contaminants and enhancing indoor air quality by circulating air.

Do ceiling fans make the air dustier?

Although they don't directly increase dust, ceiling fans can help it build up in a room. In addition to moving air about a space, ceiling fans for garden space can transport dust and other particles, which can cause dust to collect on surfaces like furniture, floors, and walls.

Furthermore, bedroom ceiling fans may contribute to the buildup of dust on the actual fan blades. Dust particles can be drawn to a static charge produced by rotating fan blades. This may cause the blades to accumulate dust over time.

Advice on How to Reduce Dust Accumulation
wrpfNgG9CnR4fYybwvvkgKkbspJrczDbxgXVai6ze8uYsol6Dp-xBiLgXGLXEd0UR0BHBHwTtBB7ZNySiulhDjq6NauY6ivKWcsb_Oqxk8hwmwPXS0faIuchDoT-9fEXYWvaiCkrvEnLH7DJrYuFgRo
Related post: Hunt the best deals with Ceilingfansliving

Here are some ideas to keep in mind to reduce dust formation in a space with a ceiling fan:

Regularly clean the ceiling fan blades.
The quantity of dust that accumulates on ceiling fan blades can be decreased with routine cleaning. Dust the blades lightly with a soft cloth or feather duster. Water and cleaning agents should be avoided since they may harm the fan blades.

Employ air filters
Before they circulate throughout a room, dust and other particles can be stopped by using air filters in your HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) systems. To make sure that air filters are working properly, remember to clean or replace them frequently.
71ade95Bo0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Vacuuming furniture and floors
Regularly vacuuming furniture and floors can help keep surfaces free of dust and other debris. To collect tiny particles and stop them from being recirculated into the air, use a vacuum with a HEPA filter.

Dusty Areas Regularly
Dust buildup on furniture and other surfaces can be avoided by routinely dusting surfaces. Dust can be collected and removed using an electrostatic dusting cloth or a moist cloth.

Make use of natural ventilation
Opening windows and doors can assist introduce clean outdoor air and remove indoor air contaminants. This is known as natural ventilation. This can lessen the amount of dust and other particles that are present in a room.

Conclusion
There are various strategies to reduce dust formation in a room, however Bedroom ceiling fans can contribute to dust buildup. You may aid in lowering the concentration of dust and other indoor air pollutants by cleaning ceiling fan product blades frequently, utilizing air filters, vacuuming floors and furniture, periodically dusting surfaces, and using natural ventilation. By keeping these suggestions in mind, you can take use of a ceiling fan's advantages without being concerned about increased dust gathering.
Source: Ceiling Fans Living

Last edited:
Back