FCV1150 or TZtouch3

reeltempo

I presently have a TZtouch2 I purchased four years ago and generally use as a plotter. But want to upgrade an old Fish finder FCV-1100L I have to either a FCV-1150 or TZtouch3. Which would be a better option?

I believe I presently have Transducer with a 50 kHz frequency (2kw) (3kw) 50BL-12 and 50BL-24H. I purchased this boat used and have not been able to confirm with previous owner exact Transducer model.

On the terminal board at the rear of the display FCV-1100L the settings are (Low is presently fasten to the "B" position) and (High is presently fasten to the "C" position). Shouldn't they both have been on "C" position with the 50BL transducer?

Would appreciate any recommendation. :furuno

Reeltempo,
If you go the TZT3 direction you will also need to add the DI-AMP also.
There are a couple of CA50BL transducers, the CA50BL-12 used a "A" tap and the CA50BL-12HR used a "B" tap. However both the CA50BL-24 and 24HR use a tap setting of "D".

Snips

If I want to keep the existing transducer would the FCV 1150 be a better option? Or will the TZtouch3 / amp hook up just as well?

Reeltempo,
If you already have the FCV-1150 I wouldn't change to the TZT3/DI-AMP just for the sounder capability. If space was an issue and you needed to add the functionality i.e. radar, plotter, engine monitoring etc, then I would look at the TZT3.

Snips

Back